The Alton Mill

The Alton Mill

Alton was settled in the mid-1800s to take advantage of the power of Shaw’s Creek. Built in 1881, the Alton Mill was one of eight mills eventually established in the village. After surviving several disasters and passing through a number of owners over the years, it is now one of the only two mills which remain, the other being the Millcroft Inn & Spa.

This view of the Alton Mill is taken from the upper parking lot and features the water tower.


Leave a Reply